Norman F Brown have been Selling, Letting and Managing Property since 1967. We are a family run business having earned an excellent reputation based on trust, expertise and care over that time. Our network of prominently located offices are strategically set to cover the North Yorkshire market towns of Richmond, Bedale and Leyburn, surrounding villages, Catterick Garrison and the northern Yorkshire Dales. James Brown MRICS and Simon Davies FNAEA head up a dedicated team of local experts with an extensive knowledge and love of the local area. In 2017 we proudly celebrated our 50th anniversary and we continue to keep track of and implement the effective modern methods of estate agency.
Our Lettings services include a Fully managed or Tenant find offering. We currently manage a substantial portfolio of over 200 properties across our three offices and we keep up to date with the latest changes to regulations and legislation by attending regular seminars. Our trusted brand works for both landlords and tenants and we are renowned for providing an excellent and fair service.
• 3 Interlinked offices providing your property with greater coverage.
• Prominent office locations with excellent window displays.
• Matching with active applicants using the latest property software.
• Accompanied viewings 7 days a week and outside of office hours (if required).
• Promotion of your property through our Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Local expertise through our well trained and experienced teams.
• Professionally printed portrait lettings brochures.
• Quality Photography and Floorplan.
• Comprehensive Internet coverage on Rightmove, On the Market and www.normanfbrown.co.uk.
• Distinctive To Let Board.
• Comprehensive reference search and credit checks.
• Preparation of the tenancy documentation.
• Registration of the bond with the Deposit Protection Service.
• Arrangement of gas and electrical safety inspections if required (Landlord to bear the cost).
• Optional rent protection insurance is available through Rent4Sure (further details upon request – Landlord to bear the cost)
Our fee is 60% (inc VAT) of the first month’s rent (minimum £360 (inc VAT))
to include all of the above activities and is deducted from the rent. For Let Only landlords the optional preparation of a comprehensive inventory/schedule of condition to include meter readings and CD photograph schedule, smoke and carbon monoxide alarm checks and a Legionella risk assessment would cost as follows:
Our charge for the EPC (if required) is £84 (inc VAT) and is deducted from the rent.
Optional full management service dealing with the collection of rents, repairing items, interim and final check out inspections etc. Our commission charge on the monthly rent is 12% (inc VAT) on the first six month’s rent and then 15% (inc VAT) thereafter. For managed properties, the cost of the preparation of a comprehensive inventory/schedule of condition to include meter readings and CD photograph schedule, smoke and carbon monoxide alarm checks and a Legionella risk assessment would be included.
If the landlord withdraws the property from the market before it is let, then our administration charge is £90 (inc VAT).
Check mortgage eligibility online